- Title: Paris dances to Stella McCartney's beat at fashion week
- Date: 3rd October 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (OCTOBER 3, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** EXTERIOR OF OPERA GARNIER CATWALK BEFORE SHOW CLOCK ON MANTELPIECE MODEL WEARING WHITE COTTON DRESS WITH CORSET MODEL WEARING BROWN ASYMMETRIC DRESS WITH RUCHING ROUND NECKLINE, CARRYING BROWN BAG MODEL WEARING BAGGY GREY HOODED ALL-IN-ONE MODEL WEARING MASCULINE BLUE STRIPED BUSINESS SHIRT MODEL WEARING BLUE PATTERNED SPORTS JACKET AND MATCHING BAGGY TROUSERS DECORATED WITH SLOGAN (English): "THANKS GIRLS" MODELS ON CATWALK VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING LYCRA SWIMSUIT AND PARACHUTE TROUSERS DECORATED WITH SLOGAN (English): "THANKS GIRLS" MODEL WEARING WHITE LACE DRESS DECORATED WITH SLOGANS INCLUDING (English): "ALL IS LOVE" AND "THANKS GIRLS" GUESTS DANCING AFTER SHOW VARIOUS OF FINALE WITH MODELS DANCING ON CATWALK GUESTS FILMING MODELS DANCING AND RUNNING OFF CATWALK DESIGNER, STELLA MCCARTNEY, WAVING TO AUDIENCE GUESTS LEAVING
- Embargoed: 18th October 2016 12:37
- Keywords: Stella McCartney Paris fashion week show
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA00152GAYC9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Stella McCartney wiped the serious pout off fashion week's face on Monday (October 3) with a lively tribute to fun, wearable clothes.
The designer's Spring/Summer 2017 show at Paris Fashion Week closed with a dance finale which saw screaming gangs of models facing off on the runway, with arms in the air.
The collection itself had much of the sporty vibe which is classic McCartney.
Lycra swimsuits were cut up, collaged and paired with ballooning parachute pants, while the collection also included patterned tracksuits and hooded all-in-ones.
The feel-good message carried on with printed tops and boiler suits sprinkled with slogans like "Thanks Girls" and "All is Love".
Speaking to Reuters after the show, McCartney said that though fashion was hard work, it was important to maintain a sense of fun.
"I'm very irreverent, I'm British, I want to have fun, I want to enjoy it and I think that we do that in this house," she said.
"I wear all my clothes so I want them to be effortless. I don't want them to be extreme or uncomfortable or trying too hard. It's really important to us that you look real when you're in Stella McCartney," she said.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.