- Title: Uzbek authorities say president Karimov's condition 'stable'
- Date: 30th August 2016
- Summary: TASHKENT, UZBEKISTAN (FILE - AUGUST 31 - SEPTEMBER 1, 2011) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** KARIMOV APPEARS, AS AUDIENCE GIVES STANDING OVATION AUDIENCE APPLAUDING KARIMOV SPEAKING PEOPLE APPLAUDING KARIMOV SHAKES HANDS WITH AUDIENCE
- Embargoed: 14th September 2016 16:55
- Keywords: Uzbekistan president Islam Karimov health hospital Tashkent
- Location: TASHKENT, UZBEKISTAN AND MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: TASHKENT, UZBEKISTAN AND MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Uzbekistan
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0064XBJW3R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: PLEASE NOTE: EDIT INCLUDES FOOTAGE ORIGINALLY 4:3
Uzbekistan authorities describe the country's president Islam Karimov's condition as 'stable.'
78-year-old Karimov is in an intensive care ward after suffering a brain hemorrhage on Saturday (August 28), his daughter Lola Karimova-Tillyaeva wrote on her Instagram page on Monday (August 29).
On Tuesday (August 30) a state spokesperson confirmed that Uzbekistan's Independence Day celebrations planned for September 1 were partially cancelled. According to the official information, the concert traditionally attended by the head of state in central Tashkent will not take place.
This year will mark the 25th anniversary of Uzbekistan's independence from the Soviet Union.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None