- Title: Uzbek authorities say president Karimov's condition 'stable'
- Date: 30th August 2016
- Summary: HONOUR GUARD KARIMOV AND MITTERRAND
- Embargoed: 14th September 2016 16:55
- Keywords: Uzbekistan president Islam Karimov health hospital Tashkent
- Location: TASHKENT, UZBEKISTAN AND MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: TASHKENT, UZBEKISTAN AND MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Uzbekistan
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0034XBJW3R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: PLEASE NOTE: EDIT INCLUDES FOOTAGE ORIGINALLY 4:3
Uzbekistan authorities describe the country's president Islam Karimov's condition as 'stable.'
78-year-old Karimov is in an intensive care ward after suffering a brain hemorrhage on Saturday (August 28), his daughter Lola Karimova-Tillyaeva wrote on her Instagram page on Monday (August 29).
On Tuesday (August 30) a state spokesperson confirmed that Uzbekistan's Independence Day celebrations planned for September 1 were partially cancelled. According to the official information, the concert traditionally attended by the head of state in central Tashkent will not take place.
This year will mark the 25th anniversary of Uzbekistan's independence from the Soviet Union.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.