- Title: Uzbek authorities say president Karimov's condition 'stable'
- Date: 30th August 2016
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (FILE - MARCH 2, 1994) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF RUSSIAN PRESIDENT BORIS YELTSIN AND UZBEKISTAN PRESIDENT ISLAM KARIMOV SIGNING DECLARATION ON COOPERATION BETWEEN COUNTRIES MOSCOW, RUSSIA (FILE - MAY 15, 1994) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) FLAGS OF CIS COUNTRIES COMMONWEALTH OF INDEPENDENT STATES (CIS) LEADERS AT ROUND TABLE KARIMOV AND OTHER LEADERS AT TABLE WIDE OF MEETING IN PROGRESS PLANE OF FRENCH PRESIDENT FRANCOIS MITTERRAND MITTERRAND GETTING DOWN THE AIRCRAFT AND SHAKE HANDS WITH KARIMOV
- Embargoed: 14th September 2016 16:55
- Keywords: Uzbekistan president Islam Karimov health hospital Tashkent
- Location: TASHKENT, UZBEKISTAN AND MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: TASHKENT, UZBEKISTAN AND MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Uzbekistan
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0024XBJW3R
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: PLEASE NOTE: EDIT INCLUDES FOOTAGE ORIGINALLY 4:3
Uzbekistan authorities describe the country's president Islam Karimov's condition as 'stable.'
78-year-old Karimov is in an intensive care ward after suffering a brain hemorrhage on Saturday (August 28), his daughter Lola Karimova-Tillyaeva wrote on her Instagram page on Monday (August 29).
On Tuesday (August 30) a state spokesperson confirmed that Uzbekistan's Independence Day celebrations planned for September 1 were partially cancelled. According to the official information, the concert traditionally attended by the head of state in central Tashkent will not take place.
This year will mark the 25th anniversary of Uzbekistan's independence from the Soviet Union.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None