- Title: Pitt skips premiere to focus on 'family situation'
- Date: 28th September 2016
- Summary: CANNES, FRANCE (FILE - MAY 14, 2013) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF PITT GOING DOWN THE STEPS OF THE PALAIS DES FESTIVALS IN CANNES, WAVES AT THE CROWDS AND JOINS ANGELINA JOLIE ON THE RED CARPET CAMERA CREWS FILMING PITT AND JOLIE POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS PITT WALKS AWAY FROM JOLIE JOLIE POSES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS AND REJOINING PITT TO WALK UP THE STEPS PITT AND JOLIE WAVE TO THE CROWDS
- Embargoed: 13th October 2016 01:04
- Keywords: Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie "Voyage of Time " Terrence Malick
- Location: CANNES, FRANCE / UNIDENTIFIED LOCATION
- City: CANNES, FRANCE / UNIDENTIFIED LOCATION
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities
- Reuters ID: LVA00151CH8AV
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Actor Brad Pitt said Tuesday (September 27) that he was skipping the premiere of his latest project to focus "on my family situation" and not distract from the educational documentary, in the wake of his highly publicized marital split from Angelina Jolie.
Pitt, 52, narrated the 45-minute IMAX documentary film "Voyage of Time," directed by Terrence Malick, which he called "incredibly beautiful."
"I'm very grateful to be part of such a fascinating and educational project, but I'm currently focused on my family situation and don't want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film, which I encourage everyone to see," the actor said in a statement.
This is the second statement Pitt has made after news of the Hollywood power couple's split broke last week.
He previously said in a statement to People magazine that he was "very saddened" after Jolie, 41, filed for divorce in a Los Angeles court, asking for sole physical custody of the couple's six children.
Jolie's lawyer said the actress made the decision to file for divorce "for the health of the family." She and Pitt had been together for 12 years, and married for two years.
Pitt's next film is "Allied," a war drama coming out in November and co-starring French actress Marion Cotillard.
Last week, Cotillard was forced to deny her involvement in Pitt and Jolie's separation after rumors implied she and Pitt were romantically involved.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None