- Title: Britney Spears: not a comeback, I've been here for a long time
- Date: 27th September 2016
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (SEPTEMBER 27, 2016) (REUTERS) (SOUNDBITE) (English) POP SINGER, BRITNEY SPEARS, SAYING: "I don't really see it as a comeback, I've been here for a really long time. But no, it's fun, I feel like it's been a while since I brought new music to the table. I just love it, it's fun."
- Embargoed: 12th October 2016 22:13
- Keywords: Britney Spears Apple Music Festival concert celebrity pop star music
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM / UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: United Kingdom
- Reuters ID: LVA00351C9VM5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: After a busy summer with much talked about performances at the MTV Video Music Awards and iHeartRadio Music Festival, along with the release of a new album and a 'Carpool Karaoke' segment with talk show host James Corden, many in the media have been referring to another comeback for Britney Spears.
However, in an interview with Reuters in London on Tuesday (September 27), the pop star said she wouldn't describe it that way: "I don't really see it as a comeback, I've been here for a really long time…it's fun, I feel like it's been a while since I brought new music to the table."
34-year-old Spears is in the British capital for the Apple Music Festival. She is among 10 headline acts, including Elton John, Alicia Keys and Calvin Harris, who took to the stage at the Roundhouse for a series of concerts which run till September 30. The gig marks her first performance in the UK since her 'Femme Fatale' tour in 2011.
Hundreds of fans cheered, sang and danced as Spears and a troupe of male and female dancers performed to chart-topping hits like "…Baby One More Time", "Oops!..I Did it Again" and "Scream & Shout". Spears also donned a variety of outfits, ranging from a sparkly sequinned leotard to a schoolgirl-inspired skirt, shirt and tie.
The one-off London show coincides with the recent release of her ninth studio album, "Glory".
"I didn't want to do a typical pop record for this, I wanted to do something really different…it's still me but it has a little bit of a flair to it of being different," said Spears.
"I like the vibe thing of Selena Gomez's, of what she did with her 'Revival' tour, I'm a huge fan of her, I just love her music, I think she's really great. So I was really, really inspired by her work, and she really influenced me a lot," she added.
When asked whether she would want to collaborate with other artists in the future, Spears said she was a fan of rockers Steven Tyler of Aerosmith and Lenny Kravitz.
"I love Steven Tyler, he's great, he's like rock'n'roll man, like just crazy cool. I think he exudes sex and electricity and you're just like a magnet when you get next to him….I would love to work with Lenny Kravitz, I think he's great, he's a legend."
All Apple Music Festival performances are available live and on-demand to Apple Music members in 100 countries.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None