- Title: ITALY: Blugirl reinvents British style in Milan fashion week
- Date: 21st February 2013
- Summary: SHOW STARTS WITH MODEL COMING OUT MODEL WEARING LEOPARD SKIN LONG SLEEVED TOP MODEL WITH KILT AND FLOWERED JUMPER MODEL WITH LONG GREEN CARDIGAN AND RED KILT MODEL WITH LONG BLUE AND GREEN JUMPER AND BLUE KILT MODEL WITH GREEN JUMPER, LEOPARD SKIN CARDIGAN AND RED KILT MODEL WITH KILT-LIKE TROUSERS AND TARTAN TOP MODEL IN LONG NAVY COAT WITH GOLD BUTTONS AND SHORT NAVY SKIRT MODEL IN FUR-LIKE BROWN COAT WITH FLOWERED TOP AND KILT MODEL IN SHORT NAVY JACKET AND FLOWERED TOP MODEL IN METALLIC GOLD EVENING DRESS WITH DRAGON NECKLACE MODEL IN CREAM DRESS WITH WHITE SPOTS MODEL IN CREAM DRESS IN GOLD SHINY CARDIGAN MODEL IN NETTING DRESS WITH WHITE SPOTS AND FUR-LIKE CREAM JACKET AUDIENCE WATCHING MODEL WITH LONG BLACK DRESS WITH SEE THROUGH TRIMMING AND BLACK LONG JACKET MODEL WITH WHITE TOP AND BLACK FUR JACKET MODEL IN GREY SKIRT WITH BLACK EMBROIDERED JACKET MODEL IN BLACK DRESS WITH ELONGATED NECKLINE WITH WHITE SHIRT UNDERNEATH MODEL IN LEOPARD SKIN DRESS WITH BLACK FUR SCARF MODEL IN SEE THROUGH BLACK TOP WITH ROSE PATTERNS MODEL IN BLACK AND LEOPARD SKIN KNEE LENGTH DRESS MODEL IN BLACK EMBROIDERED OVERCOAT MODEL IN BLACK TOP WITH TWO SWANS MODEL IN FLOOR LENGTH WHITE DRESS WITH ROSE ADORNMENTS AND WHITE FUR STOLE MODEL IN FULL LENGTH GREEN DRESS AUDIENCE WATCHING FINALE WITH ALL MODELS WALKING THE CATWALKS AUDIENCE WATCHING ANNA MOLINARI WALKS ONTO THE CATWALK CARRYING ROSES
- Embargoed: 8th March 2013 12:00
- Location: Italy
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Business,Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVAWU6CBPDDQZRRRY48KUYIBP8Q
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Italian fashion label Blugirl has put a British twists on its display at Milan Fashion Week.
Italian designer Anna Molinari drew inspiration from an eclectic British style for her Blugirl 2013-14 Autumn/Winter womenswear collection at Milan Fashion Week on Thursday (February 21).
The designer mixed masculine and feminine for her sporty girl, who likes to dress according to her mood.
The classic kilts were coupled with leopard print waistcoats or chiffon shirts in polka dots, adding an unconventional touch to the collection.
Knee-length skirts were worn over English leather ankle boots, coupled with short grey socks.
Coats and jackets came in wool cloth, tartan and mohair-effect fabric.
"Then there's a mix-match of masculine and feminine, black and white with the shirts pure and very clean, the background colour white," said Molinari in an interview with Reuters Television.
She added: "Skinny trousers, quite short, because this is the trend. Then the prints are very interesting because we have only two leopard prints."
For the evening, models wore ultra-thin, straight gowns in lace, chiffon and devore velvet, with golden dragon motifs in a tribute to China.
"Chinese.. bring good luck to the Italians," said Molinari. "The dragon is in the evening dresses, it's the year of the dragon."
Blugirl's romantic attitude was visible in the landmark rose prints as well as in embroidered white swans, the new symbol of the collection.
Molinari worked a palette of green, red, navy blue, black and white, with touches of silver and gold for a glamorous girl.
Accessories included shoulder bags in leopard print and golden dragon necklaces.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.