- Title: SWEDEN: PEOPLE OF MALMO TAKE PART IN ANNUAL CRAYFISH FESTIVAL
- Date: 14th August 2000
- Summary: VARIOUS PEOPLE EATING/DANCING/DRINKING.(4 SHOTS) VARIOUS PEOPLE ON FUN FAIR RIDES (2 SHOTS)
- Embargoed: 29th August 2000 13:00
- Location: MALMOE, SWEDEN
- Country: Sweden
- Topics: Entertainment,Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA2OM1K73SPR9HXQO7M0D1MLMS
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: One of Sweden's best loved festivals dedicated to the nation's favourite food and drink has seen huge crowds soaking up the atmosphere - and a good deal of alcohol.
Tens of thoudands of people have celebrated a unqiue festival in the southern Swedish town of Malmoe.
The crayfish festival incorporates much loved national pastimes - eating, drinking and generally having a good time.
This year's crayfish festival saw many Danes joining in the festivities - with the completition of a new brige linking Malmoe to Copenhagen.
Organisers claim a turnout of more than 20,000 people made this year's seafood party the biggest ever.
For those still able to keep themselves on an even keel after so much partying - other highlights include a Viking canoe race, with more than 600 competitors battling to out-paddle each other to the finish line.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.