- Title: RUSSIA: DESIGNER VIVIENNE WESTWOOD OPENS HER FIRST BOUTIQUE IN MOSCOW
- Date: 27th April 2001
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (APRIL 27, 2001) (REUTERS) SLV MODEL IN ORANGE HAT/ STRIPED JACKET SLV MODEL IN BLOCK-PATTERN ORANGE-BROWN DRESS CUTAWAY AUDIENCE VARIOUS MODEL IN LONG BLACK DRESS SLV MODELS IN LONG SEQUINED TUNIC SHIRTS VARIOUS, MODEL IN SHORT BLACK DRESS
- Embargoed: 12th May 2001 13:00
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Business,Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA2XM9EC9CRIKHUGCCBKS2MSNQJ
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: English designer Vivienne Westwood has opened her first boutique in Moscow with a show of her latest work.
Vivienne Westwood's Moscow debut on Saturday (April 28) was true to her post-punk phase, but there remained elements of the sexy trash-glamour that made her famous.
The Russian show was a mix of the elegant, the provocative and the "housewife" with sequins, short-cuts and conservative block patterns all themes in the collection.
The British designer and holder of the Queen's Export Award has arrived to Moscow to help open her first boutique in Russia.
Now, just a few blocks from the Kremlin, Russians can buy designs from the woman who dressed the Sex Pistols.
The exclusive location of the store and the high prices - by Russian standards - mean that the rich rather than punk kids are the most likely customers.
But the Westwood collection in Moscow seemed exactly geared for Russia's jetset with elegant cuts and fluffy bunny t-shirts.
"Of course I was delighted because it's very exotic, the idea of having a shop in Moscow," Westwood said.
The idea of the Moscow boutique was initiated and organised by a loyal Russian fan of Westwood's designs who had been buying up her collections in Europe.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.