- Title: MALAYSIA: Expo showcases latest in defence technology
- Date: 20th April 2010
- Summary: KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA (APRIL 19, 2010) (REUTERS) VISITOR WALKING TO EXHIBITION HALL KUALA LUMPUR SKYLINE VISITORS ENTERING HALL PAKISTANI DELEGATION WITH GENERAL N.M. DUBE (WEARING SPECTACLES) FOREIGN DELEGATES MALAYSIAN DEFENCE MINISTER ZAHID HAMIDI AND FOREIGN DELEGATES OFFICIALLY OPENS THE CONFERENCE ELECTRONIC BALL TANKS IN CONFERENCE HALL MALAYSIAN DEFENCE MINISTER ZAHID HAMIDI LOOKING AT EXHIBITS MASKS DISPLAY MASK ON MANNEQUIN INDONESIAN VICE ADMIRAL SOEPARNO WAKASAL AND DELEGATION AT THE AMERICAN PAVILION VICE ADMIRAL SOEPARNO BEING BRIEFED ON WEAPONS VIETNAMESE LIEUTENANT GENERAL PHAM HONG LOI LOOKING AT RIFLE VARIOUS OF ZIMBAWEE DELEGATES LOOKING AT WEAPON CHINESE OFFICIALS BRIEFING VISITOR CHINESE ARMY DELEGATION AT THE CHINA BOOTH VARIOUS OF BRITISH SOLDIERS DEMONSTRATING THE BRITISH BAE SYSTEMS BOOTH MODEL OF JET FIGHTERS SAAB BOOTH VIDEO PRESENTATION AT PAKISTAN'S BOOTH VARIOUS OF EXHIBITS AT PAKISTAN'S BOOTH WIDE OF PAKISTAN BOOTH RUSSIAN BOOTH AUSTRALIAN BOOTH/CZEK REPUBLIC BOOTH FRANCE BOOTH GIANT SCREEN WITH VISITORS RESTING AT THE FOREGROUND
- Embargoed: 5th May 2010 13:00
- Location: Malaysia
- Country: Malaysia
- Topics: Defence / Military
- Reuters ID: LVA2XOH0TQQKZHA2DOB7FJYPSZ4A
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: The Defence Services Asia (DSA) exhibition was launched on Monday (April 19) in the Malaysian capital by Malaysian Defence Minister Zahid Hamidi.
More than 3 billion U.S. dollars worth of defence agreements are expected to be signed during the expo in Kuala Lumpur. Over 200 delegates comprising of top military officials from 40 countries are in Kuala Lumpur for the exhibition which is on till April 22.
Australia, China, Korea, France, Pakistan, Turkey are among the nations showcasing the latest in their defence technology.
The exhibition has attracted 22 countries, including major international defence and security companies such as BAE Systems, BUMAR, Denel and Samsung Techwin.
For Malaysia, officials say the focus in on acquiring armoured vehicles, multi-role support ships, combat aircraft and next-generation patrol vessels.
About 1,000 defence and security companies will take part in the four-day event at the Putra World Trade Centre.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None