- Title: JORDAN: COUNCIL OF ARAB ECONOMIC UNITY MEETS IN AMMAN.
- Date: 9th December 1985
- Summary: JORDAN: AMMAN GV EXTERIOR Regency Palace Hotel with flags outside (2 shots) SV INTERIOR Secretary-general Dr Mahadi Obaidi (left) and Chairman of conference Dr. Mohamed El Imadi SV PAN & CUs Delegates from various nations seated (4 shots) SCU Dr Mohamed El Imadi speaking, delegates applaud (ARABIC SOT) (2 shots)
- Embargoed: 24th December 1985 12:00
- Location: Jordan, Jordan
- Country: Jordan
- Topics: General,Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA3BT96OX5ZG85H1NHK0FTSLRDE
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: AMMAN, JORDAN
The 44th session of the Council of Arab Economic Unity opened in Amman, Jordan, on December 7, at the Regency Palace Hotel. Delegates to the council began with a call for discussions on topics other than economics which were relative to their region. Under the Chairmanship of Dr Mohamed El Imadi, delegates listed as major topics, the support of their brethren in what they called the occupied territories, their continued resistance to the proposed US/Israeli Free Zone, and assistance to the less developed nations of the council. Delegates to the council include representatives from Jordan, Syria, Palestine, Iraq, Libya, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, and North and South Yemen.
<strong>Source: REUTERS - GEORGE HAJ</strong>
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None