- Title: FRANCE: The international lingerie salon 2001 is held in Paris
- Date: 26th January 2001
- Summary: (VARIOUS OF MULTICOLOURED STOCKINGS DISPLAY/CLIENTS (2 SHOTS) VARIOUS OF SOLITARY MODEL READING LINGERIE CATALOGUE (2 SHOTS) MALE MODELS RIFLING THROUGH COLLECTIONS AT BODYART STAND (3 SHOTS) SCU (SOUNDBITE) (French) PIERRE CLEMENT OF MAUTE SAYING: "The market for men's underwear is pretty intimate - they don't divulge very much so we don't really know what a man has on under his clothes! Maybe in the future .. who knows?"
- Embargoed: 10th February 2001 12:00
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts
- Reuters ID: LVA3CW08AYL3XRXY4ZCARQ6941H3
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Undergarment experts from all over the world have gathered in Paris to check out the latest designs at the International Lingerie Fair.
Scantily-clad women sauntered along the aisles of the International Lingerie Salon 2001 in Paris on Friday (January 26), flaunting the latest in underwear fashion.
Chiffon and lace intermingled with new lightweight, barely-there fibres dominated the autumn and winter collections. There was an abundance of silky slips and sexy corsetry in translucent lycra with feathered trim.
Salon organiser Veronique Attanasio thinks luxury underwear is becoming more appealing to women world-over.
"It used to be a real mass marketing, but now the idea of the American woman is really changing and she is not viewing her underwear as something comfortable but really as lingerie."
On then sidelines of the lingerie and swimwear presentations, buyers and designers from Europe, Asia and the Americas struck deals, bartered over prices designs and fingered bra and knicker samples.
This year the men were in for more of a treat than just gawping at the girls sashaying along the cat-walks. More stands than ever were dedicated to men's intimate attire.
Pierre Clement of German company Maute, whose brands include Bodyart, says men's underwear is a growing but discreet market. ""The market for men's underwear is pretty intimate - they don't divulge very much so we don't really know what a man has on under his clothes! Lingerie 2001 International Salon is a three-day trade fair featuring non-stop fashion events. More than 480 brands are exhibiting their collections for Autumn/Winter 2001. The latest innovations in lingerie fibre technology, packaging and mannequins for display are also on show.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None