- Title: FRANCE: Paris Hilton promotes new fashion line and parties on the Croisette
- Date: 21st May 2009
- Summary: CANNES, FRANCE (MAY 19, 2009) (REUTERS) BACK VIEW OF PARIS HILTON, SHE TURNS AROUND AND PHOTOGRAPHERS TAKE PICTURES PHOTOGRAPHERS CAMERAMEN HILTON ON RED CARPET FOR "VITAMIN WATER" CLOSE OF JEWELLERY ON HILTON'S NECK AND HEADBAND MORE OF HILTON PHOTOGRAPHERS / HILTON PHOTOGRAPHERS (SOUNDBITE) (English) PARIS HILTON, SAYING: "Um, yeah we've been going to a lot of great parties and I'm having a fabulous time. But this is what I do I travel and have fun and live life to the fullest." HILTON BEING INTERVIEWED (SOUNDBITE) (English) PARIS HILTON, SAYING: "You know it was a little scary. It was a little scary. I filmed it over three years ago. It was a different time of my life. At first I was a little nervous to release it but now I feel like I've grown a lot and I'm a different person. It also shows how it is living in this life and how much pressure there is and that I'm a businesswoman and I work very hard for the brand that I built and it shows a different side to me than the media portrays me as." CANNES, FRANCE (MAY 20, 2009) (REUTERS) PHOTOGRAPHERS VARIOUS OF HILTON AND BOYFRIEND DOUG REINHARDT ARRIVING LATE TO INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS PREMIERE VARIOUS OF HILTON AND REINHARDT ON RED CARPET HILTON AND REINHARDT WALKING UP PALAIS STEPS
- Embargoed: 5th June 2009 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA3H2051359JW78OB6VKJN98I2M
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Celebrity heiress and businesswoman is back in Cannes to drum up some interest in the documentary "Paris, Not France", which follows her as she goes about her daily life being rich and famous.
The 28-year-old tried to prevent the film, directed by Tom Pettys daughter Adria, from reaching the big screen, but now sees it as a kind of set-the-record-straight exercise for someone whose portrayal in the media is not always flattering.
"I was a little scared," Hilton told reporters at the Cannes film festival, where she said she was partying hard. "I filmed it over three years ago so it was a different period of my life."
"It also shows how it is living in this life and how much pressure there is. It definitely shows a different side than the media portrays me as."
Hilton has been seen at trendy "Hollywood Dominoes" where she joked she won after never having played before but later corrected by a friend who actually took first place.
She also attended the biggest premiere of the festival, Quentin Tarantino's "Inglourious Basterds" where she arrived fashionable late, well after the directors and cast had gone in.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None