- Title: EGYPT: British girl dies at hotel
- Date: 19th May 2013
- Summary: SHARM EL-SHEIKH, EGYPT (MAY 19, 2013) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF HOTEL READING IN ENGLISH "CORAL SEA" BRITISH AND FIRST CHOICE FLAGS FLUTTERING AT HOTEL ENTRANCE VARIOUS OF HOTEL SIGN READING IN ENGLISH "CORAL SEA" VARIOUS OF HOTEL'S WATER PARK WHERE ACCIDENT HAPPENED CHILDREN IN THE WATER PARK VARIOUS OF CHILDREN CLIMBING SLIDE IN WATER PARK WIDE OF WATER PARK WHERE ACCIDENT HAPPENED
- Embargoed: 3rd June 2013 13:00
- Location: Egypt
- Country: Egypt
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA3JDHV20ON2F38X4DX6JDVX3BG
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: A British child died in a resort pool in Egypt's Red Sea resort of Sharm El-Sheikh on Friday (May 17) while on holiday with her parents.
The girl, indentified as five-year-old Chloe Johnson from south London, died while playing at the Coral Sea Waterworld hotel.
Tour operator First Choice Holidays said a full investigation would be held into her death.
The general manager of the Coral Sea Waterworld hotel, Ashraf Khalil, told Reuters that the girl died at
about 13:00 local time (1100 GMT) on Friday and an investigation into the exact cause of death is ongoing.
The hotel released a preliminary statement concerning the accident offering their "deepest condolences and sympathies to the family during this difficult time".
"The safety of our guests is always our utmost priority and the hotel management is working closely with First Choice as well as the local authorities to investigate this tragic accident," the statement read. .
Khalil told Reuters that the hotel is in full cooperation with the local police investigations, and is expecting the arrival of UK investigators.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None