- Title: NIGERIA: Chinese Vice-Premier Huang Hua arrives in Nigeria on friendship visit
- Date: 17th November 1981
- Summary: LAGOS, NIGERIA (VISNEWS - MASHOOD OLANIYI) SV Chinese Vice-Premier Huang Hua down aircraft stops and welcomed by Nigerian Vice-President Dr. Alex Ekwuene, on tarmac at Lagos airport, with other officials SV Mr. Hua presented with bouquet of flowers by child SV Mr. Hua and Dr. Ekwuene walking along line of Nigerian officials and talking to them SV Mr. Hua and Dr. Ekwuene watch dancers in national dress (2 shots) SV Chinese officials look on as dancing continues SV Mr. Hua and Dr. Ekwuene leave airport in limousine
- Embargoed: 2nd December 1981 12:00
- Location: Nigeria, Nigeria
- Country: Nigeria
- Topics: International Relations
- Reuters ID: LVA48JPWZRAXV6MGCZ9TM1X2L5HI
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: INTRODUCTION: Chinese Vice-President Huang Hua led a delegation into Nigeria on Monday (16 November) on the first leg of a five-nation friendship tour to Africa.
SYNOPSIS: Huang Hua and his wife, He Liliang, were greeted on their arrival at Lagos airport by the Nigerian Vice-President, Dr.Alex Ekwueme and other officials.A large crowd was on hand to welcome the Chinese delegation.
Huang Hua spoke with several Nigerian Cabinet Minsters who were part of the official welcoming party.
Also there to greet the Vice-Premier and his delegation were large groups of Nigerian dancers in colourful national dress, who performed native dances.Nigeria's population of more than 70 million people is made up in excess of 250 ethnic and linguistic groups, whose diverse influences contribute to these native dances and costumes.
The Chinese delegation is visiting West Africa at the invitation of the government of Nigeria, Guinea, Mali, Senegel and Ghana.
InitialsBB Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.