- Title: LIBYA: Foreign diplomats take part in a Remembrance Day ceremony in Tripoli
- Date: 12th November 2011
- Summary: TRIPOLI, LIBYA (NOVEMBER 11, 2011) (REUTERS) GRAVESTONES IN CHRISTIAN CEMETERY TOMB STONE READING: 'G. W. MARTINDALE' DIPLOMATS GATHERED AT CEMETERY PRIEST DELIVERING SPEECH VARIOUS OF CEREMONY MEMORIAL WITH CROSS VARIOUS OF TWO-MINUTE SILENCE VARIOUS OF DIPLOMATS AND SOLDIERS LAYING WREATHS
- Embargoed: 27th November 2011 12:00
- Location: Libya, Libya
- Country: Libya
- Topics: Conflict,International Relations,History
- Reuters ID: LVA4OMU7QCQX6KQ81F1EE0Q7QLSP
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: At 1100 local time on Thursday (November 11), a two-minute silence was observed in Tripoli's Christian cemetery by British and French diplomats, as well as other missions to Libya.
It is 93 years since Germany signed the Armistice agreement on the 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month and many across the world continue to remember those killed in battles since World War I.
A priest addressed the gathered diplomats and highlighted that many fallen soldiers had lost their lives recently in conflicts such as the one in Libya.
Wreaths of poppies, traditionally worn in November in honour of fallen servicemen and women, were laid on a memorial cross.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None