- Title: GERMANY: SIXTH ANNUAL "WALK OF FASHION" TAKES PLACE ON THE STREETS OF BERLIN
- Date: 17th July 2004
- Summary: (L!1) BERLIN, GERMANY (JULY 17, 2004) (REUTERS) MODELS WALKING PAST A CROWD OF PEOPLE CHILD WATCHING MODELS WEARING DESIGNER CLOTHES VARIOUS VIEWS OF FASHION SHOW THROUGH THE STREETS OF BERLIN PEOPLE WATCHING MALE MODELS WITH UMBRELLAS / PARASOLS (11 SECONDS) SPECTATORS WATCHING VARIOUS VIEWS FASHION SHOW WITH SOME FASHIONS BEING CARRIED ON MANNIQUIN MODELS ABOVE CROWD TOPSHOT OF FASHION SHOW IN STREET, SPECTATORS WATCHING FASHION SHOW WITH BERLIN TV TOWER IN BACKGROUND MODELS WALKING PAST SYNAGOGUE
- Embargoed: 1st August 2004 13:00
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Entertainment,Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA4OZ94QRIR977TZNBHZBC1UR5M
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: More than 100 models turned the streets of Berlin into an open-air catwalk, showcasing local designers' latest creations for the sixth annual "Walk Of Fashion."
The models took to the streets at 1800 sharp (1600 GMT) on Saturday in Berlin's central Scheunenviertel quarter.
The fashion palate ranged from everyday streetclothes through evening wear and showcased ten young designers from Berlin.
Hundreds of spectators lined the 2 kilometre-long route and the models were escorted by police.
At the end of their walk, models returned to the catwalk set up in a courtyard of shops for a more traditional show before a jury and about a thousand spectators. Designer Christine Mayer walked away with the honours.
The "Walk of Fashion" is part of a larger week-long event designed to put Berlin on the map of fashion metropoles alongside Paris, New York and London.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None