- Title: USA: AMERICAN FILM PREMIERE OF ANIMATION FILM "SHREK"
- Date: 22nd April 2001
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (APRIL 22, 2001)(REUTERS) SCU ( SOUNDBITE) (English) MIKE MYERS SAYING "Well you see when you're a Canadian comedian there are three accents that you have to do by law: one is American, one is French-Canadian, and one is Scottish. So I've done Scottish in many, many things and to me it just sort of hooked into my childhood and having stories read to me by my parents, who were British."
- Embargoed: 7th May 2001 13:00
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES AND VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA4TPJQP5B50ZQGLOEC84R8MM6D
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: The voice talent and animators behind Dreamworks' latest computer animated spectacle "Shrek" turned out on Sunday, April 22 for the film's World Premiere in Los Angeles.
Mike Myers headlines the voice cast as the title character of Shrek, a nine foot tall fearsome ogre who winds up becoming a hero when he rescues a beautiful yet unorthodox princess voiced by Cameron Diaz.
He's aided in his quest by a talking donkey, brought to life by Eddie Murphy in his return to animation following his popular voice work in "Mulan."
Rounding out the cast is "3rd Rock From the Sun" star John Lithgow as an evil and diabolical nobleman who needs to marry the princess in order to become king.
The film is based on the popular children's short story by author William Steig and opens in theaters throughout the United States on Friday, May 18th.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None