- Title: FILE: Intruder found living on Jennifer Lopez's property
- Date: 22nd August 2013
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - FEBRUARY 10, 2013) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) VARIOUS OF JENNIFER LOPEZ AT GRAMMYS RED CARPET LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JUNE 20, 2013) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF JENNIFER LOPEZ VARIOUS OF LOPEZ POSING FOR PHOTOS AT HER HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME STAR
- Embargoed: 6th September 2013 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA5C2976I6SA8OF9BWR9D3YI5D9
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: An intruder has been found living in Jennifer Lopez's pool house on her Southampton property, police say.
A stalker lived in the pool house of Jennifer Lopez's Southampton, New York, mansion for a week while the entertainer was away, according to authorities.
Lopez already had a protective order against the man, John Dubis, 49, a retired firefighter from Rhode Island, before he was found by workers at her home at the beginning of the month, Southampton police said in a statement.
Dubis was arrested and charged with burglary, stalking, criminal contempt and possession of burglary tools, according to police.
His next court appearance is scheduled for Aug. 28. In the meantime he is being held in the Suffolk County Jail on $100,000 bail.
"The court ordered an exam to determine if Dubis is fit to proceed in reference to the criminal charges," police said in the statement.
Dubis entered a not guilty plea after his arrest, police said.
Information on why Lopez has an order of protection against Dubis was not available.
Her publicist could not reached for comment.
Lopez reportedly bought the eight-bedroom mansion in the Southampton hamlet of Water Mill in May. According to a listing from the real estate agency Corcoran, it sits on 3 acres, has about 8,500 square feet with 7.5 bathrooms, a pool and guest house, a media room and sauna. It was listed for $9.995 million.
Known as the Hamptons, the villages and hamlets around Southampton and East Hampton on New York's Long Island have some of the most expensive residential real estate in the United States.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None