- Title: ITALY: Frankie Morello shows fatale beauty at 2013-14 autumn/winter Milan week
- Date: 20th February 2013
- Summary: MILAN, ITALY (20 FEBRUARY 2013) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF CIRCOLO FILOLOGICO WITH PEOPLE WAITING TO GET IN MIRRORED SHOT OF BACKSTAGE MODEL HAVING MAKE UP AND HAIR DONE AT THE SAME TIME MORE OF MODEL WITH SIX PEOPLE WORKING ON HER HEAD BACKSTAGE MODEL WITH CLIPS IN HER HAIR SAME MODEL WIDER SHOT BACKSTAGE WITH MODELS SHOES ON SHOEBOXES MODEL HAVING HER MAKE UP DONE PEOPLE OUTSIDE VENUE PEOPLE ENTERING SHOW
- Embargoed: 7th March 2013 12:00
- Location: United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Business,Arts,Industry
- Reuters ID: LVA5QQ1N670IIKC0ZNZ0VCRPSB4F
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Fashion brand Frankie Morello presented a mysterious femme fatale at its 2013-14 autumn/winter show in Milan on Wednesday (Feb 20).
Italian designers Maurizio Modica and Pierfrancesco Gigliotti were inspired by the Hollywood femme fatales of the 1950s for their youthful show, in a delicate balance between past and modern.
The designers used stiff materials like double cloth-matelasse lurex and mirrors for their sculpted shapes.
Informal garments like hoodies came in classic fabrics in an interplay of styles that suit Frankie Morello's young clients.
Accessories included rigid handbags, oversized asymmetrical caps, and a small cylinder made of brushed calfskin.
The colour palette worked all shades of reds and pinks but also black and white, bordeaux, asphalt and metal.
The finale showcased black and white outfits, with geometric motifs to enhance fabrics.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None