- Title: COLOMBIA: KITE FESTIVAL.
- Date: 16th August 2004
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) ATTENDEE AMANDA DIAZ, SAYING: "What I like the most are the acrobatic kites because it definitely it's what shows the art and knowledge of those with this type of hobby."
- Embargoed: 31st August 2004 13:00
- Location: VILLA DE LEYVA, COLOMBIA
- Country: Colombia
- Topics: Entertainment,Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA69TSPJAZ3KT2P6BXF4GF4A80D
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Colourful kites filled the sky at an annual kite festival in Colombia.
Fanciful and colourful kites brightened the sky above Villa de Leyva, Colombia at the annual Kite Festival on Monday (August 16).
Kite lovers showed up on the clear day to watch thousands of kites dance to the rhythm of the wind.
The all-day festival featured homemade designs as artists came from near and far to entertain the audience with tricks and altitude.
Many of the craftsmen prepared for months to compete in the events, in which both artistry and performance were judged.
The annual festival was established in 1975 and is a highlight to local residents, who turn the town into a block party. As street musicians serenade visitors, many enjoy traditional food and artworks that line the streets during the festivities.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None