- Title: JAPAN: FASHION SHOWS AUTUMN AND WINTER FASHIONS
- Date: 7th April 2004
- Summary: (L!3) TOKYO, JAPAN (APRIL 6, 2004) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) MODEL WALKING IN RED KNIT JACKET, RED DRESS WITH RED CORSET AND RED TIGHTS OF TOGA'S AUTUMN/WINTER 2004-2005 COLLECTION MODEL WALKING IN PINK TROUSERS AND BURGUNDY PULLOVER WORN WITH RED LEATHER CORSET MODEL WALKING IN GRAY PULLOVER AND CHEQUERED FLARED SKIRT WITH BLACK SPATS MODEL WALKING IN T-SHIRT AND GRAY CARDIGAN AND PURPLE PLEATED SKIRT MODEL WALKING IN PURPLE DRESS MODEL WALKING IN RED SILK COAT WORN WITH RED PULLOVER AND SKIRT JOURNALISTS WATCHING FINALE OF TOGA COLLECTION
- Embargoed: 22nd April 2004 13:00
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Entertainment,Quirky,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVA6A2OVKX6WM2I4VWX84XU6YSXT
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Japanese fashion designers showcase their Fall/Winter '04-'05 collection in Tokyo.
Tokyo's catwalks are busy this week as the nation kicks off its major fashion collection shows.
Over fifty designers have models on catwalks strutting their stuff for buyers and fashionistas in myriad venues across the city.
Yasuko Furuta's "Metal Core Fantasy" Autumn/Winter 2004-2005 collection has the press talking as it slithers pasts a packed room that normally serves as the mixed zone of the National Soccer Stadium in Tokyo.
Models with deep red lipstick and black rouge and teeth coated with gold, flitted down the catwalk in a ghostly procession of red knit jackets, wool dresses, corsets and red thick tights of the fashion brand Toga.
A glittering finale of shiny metallic evening dresses brought the collection to a showstopping end.
Eri Utsugi, fashion designer for Frapbois, unveiled her latest collection inspired by Tokyo's growing street fashion.
"I got inspiration by people walking on the street. I usually get inspiration from very ordinary people on the streets," Utsugi said.
Her colourful range of cowboy outfits were played off models in red pullovers and gingham chequered pants.
And for the men - golden trousers worn under a pleated beige cape.
In evening wear Utsugi suggested laced trousers and big collared white shirts under black jackets.
Similarly 'Triptych' designer Harumi Fukuda, who started her career selling clothes at a popular fashion boutique in Tokyo, chose to set her collection in a film studio.
"When I used to managed a shop, and buy clothes for the shop, I used to think about the customers all the time. As I started with street fashion, I can never get away from it. But this time I tried to create comfortable and natural clothes for the collection," said Fukuda.
Fukuda's crisp cut creations included black thick wool short dresses, and short brown jackets worn with with leather accessories and knee pad
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.