- Title: ITALY: Ermanno Scervino shows Florence couture at Milan fashion week
- Date: 23rd February 2013
- Summary: MILAN, ITALY (23 FEBRUARY 2013) (REUTERS-ACCESS ALL) MODEL HAVING EYE MAKE UP PUT ON BACKSTAGE MORE OF SAME MODEL HAVING HEAD LIFTED MODEL READS BOOK WHILE HAVING HAIR DONE AND SNIFFS TWO MODELS BEING PHOTOGRAPHED ERMANNO SCERVINO BEING INTERVIEWED SIDE SHOT OF ERMANNO SCERVINO BEING INTERVIEWED (SOUNDITE) (Italian) DESIGNER ERMANNO SCERVINO SAYING: "This collection is like my two previous shows and I've been inspired by masculine lines and put it into the feminine world by using high heels and dresses embroidered with stones."
- Embargoed: 10th March 2013 12:00
- Location: Italy
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Business,Entertainment,Industry
- Reuters ID: LVA6F242TRFMPF4311LCMBMDQCSF
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Ermanno Scervino goes for masculine tailoring for his Autumn/Winter 2013/14 Collection
Italian fashion designer Ermanno Scervino ventured in masculine tailoring for his 2013-14 womenswear collection in Milan on Saturday (February 23).
Speaking to Reuters before the show, the designer said "This collection is like my two previous shows and I've been inspired by masculine lines and put it into the feminine world by using high heels and dresses embroidered with stones."
The designer, known for his couture details, set his show in an imaginary Florence where models wore refined coats with fur details in warm cloth.
Coats in grey flannel with Swarovski crystals emphasised bust and waist.
Padded shoulders - a trend next winter - returned on calf-length coats with zips and open revers in angora, leather and leopard-print fur.
Dresses - either mini in leather or fluid in silk - were cut close to the waist to enhance femininity.
The Florence-based designer used leather, python, flannel, organza and crepe silks to play with different textures.
For the evening, the designer worked his landmark draped dresses in a renaissance of pleats.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None