- Title: USA: LIV TYLER TALKS ABOUT HER LATEST FILM COMEDY "ONE NIGHT AT MCCOOLS"
- Date: 25th April 2001
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA (RECENT) (REUTERS) SCU SOUNDBITE) (English) ACTOR JOHN GOODMAN SAYING "The guy I play was pretty twisted, trying to maintain rigidity at all cost. He just goes headover heels and self-destructs over this young lady ."
- Embargoed: 10th May 2001 13:00
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / VARIOUS FILM LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / VARIOUS FILM LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA6G1J48T9CD6ZKFG3JLWHSDIRP
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Liv Tyler cleans up nicely in her latest comedy "One Night at McCool's." She plays the object of four men's obsessions and she's not afraid to take advantage of them to get what she wants.
It all starts one night at Mc Cool's, three unsuspecting men and one woman with a dream are brought together by lust, mayhem, bingo, DVDs, and the finer points of home decorating.
"One night at McCool's" is a sexy, rapid-fire black comedy produced by Michael Douglas.
The movie stars Douglas himself, Matt Dillon, John Goodman, and Paul Reiser, as four men hopelessly in love with one woman - Jewel, played by Liv Tyler.
Jewel's become all the men could think of but her dream is bigger than that.
Tyler says "I didn't see her as being the cold malicious bitch. I saw her as being a really human person and though she's kind of psychotic, she has this goal this dream that she wants to fulfill and we all know what It's like to have a dream. Some people are more ambitious than others and willing to do more to get to it. "
Matt Dillon plays bartender Randy who lets Jewel move into his house and gets his share of the lovely lady's contribution of sex and violence to add interest to his otherwise uneventful life.
When Randy realizes she is the wrong girl, he decides to get rid of her once and for all - and hires a very 'distinguished' looking Michael Douglas to do the job, but heup falling in love with Liv too.
Paul Reiser fulfills a lifetime ambition, working with John Goodman, he says.
"I was once so blinded by, I was very in love with John Goodman from watching Rosanne and The Babe Ruth Story and I not only got to work with John Goodman but be his love slave. There is a God that I can work with John and be thrown over a table which was otherwise set nicely for company."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None