- Title: FRANCE: Paris' Crazy Horse dancers poised to halt strike
- Date: 18th May 2012
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (MAY 17, 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF CRAZY HORSE CABARET
- Embargoed: 2nd June 2012 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: Entertainment,Employment
- Reuters ID: LVA6PAX5QC65R3SUVCY8YEBPMN9D
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Topless dancers at a famous Paris nightspot were on Thursday (May 17) on the point of settling an industrial dispute which saw them boycott the stage at the Crazy Horse club.
Eighteen exotic dancers went on strike to demand a pay rise and the club had to cancel two nights of performances, the first time the stage had been left bare since the establishment opened in 1951.
Talks were held on Thursday and the club's owners said they were doing everything to reopen as soon as possible.
Suzanne Durand, a dancer and union representative, said the women were still waiting for written confirmation of the management's offer.
"If the managers accept, we will perform tonight, if they refuse we won't do the show," she said.
The dancers say they work six days a week to earn a maximum 2000 euro (2,540 USD) a month.
Customers who had tickets for the cancelled performances have been offered replacements of refunds.
The Crazy Horse, along with the Lido and the Moulin Rouge, all famous for risque shows, have been top attractions for generations of tourists and Parisians.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None