- Title: BOXING-CHISORA/FURY Fury, Chisora weigh in ahead of fight
- Date: 28th November 2014
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (NOVEMBER 28, 2014) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** TYSON FURY WEIGHS IN AHEAD OF BRITISH AND EUROPEAN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT RING CARD GIRLS DERECK CHISORA WEIGHS IN CHISORA TRIES TO SHAKE FURY'S HAND, BENDS DOWN CHISORA AND FURY CONTINUE TO TALK TO ONE ANOTHER CHRIS EUBANK JNR, SON OF FORMER WORLD CHAMPION CHRIS EUBANK, WEIGHS IN AHEAD OF EUROPEAN, BRITISH AND COMMONWEALTH MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT VARIOUS EUBANK JUNIOR AND OPPONENT BILLY JOE SAUNDERS FACING OFF
- Embargoed: 13th December 2014 12:00
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVA8V54YLG5NNM1VKZ8WERDGVH81
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury kept their cool when they weighed in ahead of Saturday's (November 29) British and European title fight in London.
Two of boxing's most controversial figures, the pair's all-British showdown will have global significance because the winner is likely to fight world number one and three-belt world champion Wladimir Klitschko next summer.
Both have been in trouble in the past with boxing authorities, especially Chisora, who was banned after fighting with David Haye at a news conference in Germany.
The pair have already fought, Fury winning a one-sided contest three years ago against an out-of-shape Chisora.
But the Londoner says he is now in far better condition, and is confident of ending Fury's unbeaten run when they fight in London's east end in front of an expected 15,000 capacity crowd.
A bearded Fury appeared unruffled by Chisora's verbal barbs after the weigh in, although the pair were eventually pulled apart by promoter Frank Warren and security.
The highlight of a big undercard appears to be a European, Commonwealth and British middleweight title fight featuring Chris Eubank Junior, the son of former world champion Chris Eubank.
Eubank Junior starts as a slight outsider against the champion Billy Joe Saunders, but both are undefeated.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None