- Title: NETHERLANDS: Snowfall turns Amsterdam into winter wonderland
- Date: 15th January 2013
- Summary: AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS (JANUARY 15, 2013) (REUTERS) BICYCLES WITH SNOW PARKED ON THE BRIDGE BICYCLE TAXI RIDING THROUGH THE SNOW RIVER / FATHER PULLING A CHILD ON A SLEDGE CHILD ON SLEDGE SMILING MAN ON A BIKE FORCED TO GET OFF AND PUSH HIS BICYCLE OVER A BRIDGE WOMAN LOCKING HER BIKE AND WALKING ON MAN CLEANING SNOW BRIDGE COVERED WITH SNOW BARGE COVERED WITH SNOW CYCLIST ON A BRIDGE / SNOW FALLING
- Embargoed: 30th January 2013 12:00
- Location: Netherlands
- Country: Netherlands
- Topics: Environment
- Reuters ID: LVA92UU9DRVRARLEMRYJ63XIWN3L
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Snowfall in the Netherlands may have caused a traffic nightmare for the country on roads, railways and airports, but those braving the weather in the centre of Amsterdam on Tuesday (January 15) found a silent winter wonderland on their doorstep.
The cold snap delighted the younger residents of the city, who played on sledges while happily oblivious to the problems faced by other modes of transport in the country.
Cyclists tried to brave the weather, but some found that pushing was quicker than riding as they made their way through town.
The silent atmosphere and scenic views are set to last for the near future as the snow continues to fall.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None