- Title: MONACO: FOOTBALL / SOCCER - Monaco readies for Europa League Draw
- Date: 30th August 2013
- Summary: MONTE CARLO, MONACO (AUGUST 30, 2013) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF GRIMALDI FORUM WHERE THE EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP STAGE DRAW WILL TAKE PLACE WELCOME SIGN ENTRANCE FOR GRIMALDI FORUM WITH UEFA LOGOS UEFA FLAGS EXTERIOR OF GRIMALDI WITH UEFA'S LOGO EUROPA LEAGUE LOGO CLOSE UP SATELITE TRUCKS PARKED OUTSIDE, VARIOUS MONACO CITY VIEW MONACO BAY BEACH SUPEREYACHT ANCHORED OUT IN THE BAY SUPERYACHTS IN THE SUNRISE
- Embargoed: 14th September 2013 13:00
- Location: Monaco
- Country: Monaco
- Topics: Sports
- Reuters ID: LVA9GYV36B8NRKLGENOPHGSWHQSP
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Monaco was picture perfect on Friday (August 29) as the the Mediterranean principality prepares to host the who's who of football for the group stage draw for this season's European Europa League.
The Grimaldi Forum in Monaco Bay will host the exclusive draw where the qualified teams will discover who they will face when the group stage begins in the middle of next month.
As to be expected, luxury yachts could be seen parked out in Monaco Bay, including one belonging to Chelsea's billionaire Russian owner, Roman Abramovich. Chelsea will be hoping to stay in the Champions League this season after being relegated into the Europa league last season, although they went on to win the trophy.
But on Friday all eyes in Monaco were on Tottenham Hotspur, as the debacle over the transfer of forward Gareth Bale continues.
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has said the club could fine Bale for failing to attend training ahead of an expected world record "dream" move to Real Madrid.
Bale, who has not been training with the squad due to injury, was granted three days off but did not report back to the club on Tuesday despite being pictured in London.
Tottenham qualified for the group stages with an 8-0 aggregate victory over Dinamo Tiblisi.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None