- Title: CANADA: WINTER OLYMPICS - IOC President arrives at Vancouver hotel
- Date: 6th February 2010
- Summary: SLATE INFORMATION VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA. (FEBRUARY 4, 2010) (REUTERS) FLOATING OLYMPIC LOGO IN BURRARD INLET, VANCOUVER VARIOUS OF WESTIN HOTEL SIGN VANOC AND IOC FLAGS IOC PRESIDENT JACQUES ROGGE ARRIVES AT HOTEL AND IS GREETED BY IOC DIRECTOR GENERAL URS LACOTTE IOC FLAGS ROGGE SHAKES HANDS WITH JOURNALIST IOC STAFF ROGGE ENTER HOTEL
- Embargoed: 21st February 2010 12:00
- Location: Canada
- Country: Canada
- Topics: Sports
- Reuters ID: LVA9IQ8W023GCBZVIYIUGYXK2RHA
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: The IOC president Jacques Rogge arrived at his hotel in Vancouver on Thursday (Feburary 4) as the build up to the Winter Olympic games gets underway in earnest.
The 2010 Winter Olympics will run from Feb. 12 to 28 in the Canadian city of Vancouver and the winter sports resort of Whistler.
Unusually warm weather in western Canada has raised some concerns in the run up to the games but Rogge in a recent conference call with reporters Rogge made it clear that the latest data shows the mountains around Vancouver, where the skiing events will be staged, had sufficient snow for the Feb. 12-28 Games.
Rogge explained that Games organisers (VANOC) were on top of the weather issue, with a contingency plan in place in case of insufficient snow fall.
Vancouver 2010 will be the last winter Games under Rogge's presidency as his termin 2013.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None