- Title: UK: OLYMPICS: Fans celebrate Bolt's victory in Jamaican-inspired London venue
- Date: 5th August 2012
- Summary: EDITORS NOTE: AUDIO AS INCOMING. LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (AUGUST 5, 2012) (REUTERS) WIDE OF FANS WATCHING RACE, CHEERING AS BOLT WINS AND CONFETTI IS RELEASED CLOSE OF FANS DRESSED IN JAMAICAN FLAG CELEBRATING WIDE OF FANS CHEERING CLOSE OF FANS DRESSED IN JAMAICAN COLOURS CELEBRATING
- Embargoed: 20th August 2012 13:00
- Location: United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Sports
- Reuters ID: LVA9NB8I7WVAAO3R4E17V7OD4ZR7
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Fans went wild in a specially created Jamaican themed 'pop-up'-venue on Sunday (August 5) as Usain Bolt won the men's 100m final.
The Jamaican blitzed to victory in the men's 100 metres Olympic sprint, banishing doubts that he was still the fastest man on Earth.
A packed crowd at the Puma Yard venue in east London roared the runner home as Bolt comfortably eclipsed training partner and compatriot Yohan Blake, who many considered his main rival going into the race.
The towering athlete broke the tape in 9.63 seconds, an Olympic record and the second fastest time ever behind his own world record of 9.58.
There were more cheers as he pointed to the sky in his trademark "lightning bolt" style, and basked in adulation during a slow jog around the edge of the track draped in the Jamaican flag.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None