- Title: EL SALVADOR: CAR BOMBS KILL TWO AND INJURE OTHERS.
- Date: 22nd February 1989
- Summary: SAN SALVADOR, EL SALVADOR (REUTERS - MAITE GALEANO) GV AND SVS Soldiers and civilians looking at wreckage from car bombs, cars torn in half, burnt out car and truck chasis. (5 shots) 0.41
- Embargoed: 9th March 1989 12:00
- Location: El Salvador, El Salvador
- Country: El Salvador
- Topics: Crime,General,Politics
- Reuters ID: LVAA6CFTQTW825YC5YP7VYNCQRWV
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: SAN SALVADOR, EL SALVADOR
Two car bombs exploded in San Salvador on Tuesday killing two people and injuring several others.
The bombs were placed just outside the First Brigade headquarters on the outskirts of the city. Minor damage was caused to the military installations.
Elsewhere in the war-torn country, rebels blew up the city hall at Zacatecoluca.
In other towns, guerrillas blew up power pylons, bombed government buildings and attacked gasoline stations. These actions took place as representatives of the guerrilla factions, the Government and political organisations met in Mexico seeking a solution to the war.
<strong>Source: REUTERS - MAITE GALEANO</strong>
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None