- Title: GERMANY: Spain's Prime Minister Rajoy arrives in Berlin for talks
- Date: 4th February 2013
- Summary: BERLIN, GERMANY (FEBRUARY 4, 2013) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR GERMAN CHANCELLORY SPANISH AND GERMAN FLAGS CAR CARRYING SPANISH PRIME MINISTER MARIANO RAJOY ARRIVING AT CHANCELLORY / RAJOY EXITING CAR / BEING GREETED T BY GERMAN CHANCELLOR ANGELA MERKEL IN THE RAIN SOLDIER VARIOUS OF MERKEL INTRODUCING GREETING REPRESENTATIVES TO RAJOY GERMAN, SPANISH AND EUROPEAN FLAGS
- Embargoed: 19th February 2013 12:00
- Location: Germany
- Country: Germany
- Topics: International Relations,Politics
- Reuters ID: LVAA8QTB9ADVCEIDV3F7YQ3KO5GW
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: German Chancellor Angela Merkel welcomes Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy to Berlin for bilateral talks.
The Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy arrived in Berlin on Monday (February 4) and was greeted with military honours by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Rajoy was set to attend German-Spanish governmental consultations.
The visit of the Spanish prime minister was overshadowed by a growing corruption scandal that threatens Rajoy's credibility just as he makes headway against economic crisis. On Saturday (February 2), however, Rajoy denied any wrongdoing in the affair.
The ruling People's Party (PP) has been buffeted all week by media reports alleging its former treasurers operated a slush fund with donations from construction industry executives that were then doled out to Rajoy and other party leaders.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None