- Title: FRANCE: Central Paris department store targeted in diamond robbery
- Date: 20th February 2013
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FEBRUARY 20, 2013) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF PRINTEMPS HAUSMANN DEPARTMENT STORE VARIOUS OF PEOPLE WALKING OUTSIDE SHOP VARIOUS STREET SCENES
- Embargoed: 7th March 2013 12:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: Crime,Business
- Reuters ID: LVAAENUAJJC1Z6ESNRMNZKHBBJCQ
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: A De Beers jewellery store housed inside a central Paris department store has been targeted in a multimillion euro diamond robbery that took place late on Tuesday (January 19) several French media reported, only a few hours after a major robbery in Brussels.
They said the Paris robbery took place shortly before the close of business when two men armed with handguns and wearing bullet-proof jackets held up the in-house stand of the Printemps-Haussmann store in the French capital's main shopping district.
Europe 1 radio said that the robbery happened so fast that shoppers and staff nearby did not even notice it was taking place. France Info radio said on its website that they made off with about two to three million euros.
French police only rarely issue closed circuit television footage or photofit images as part of investigations of such incidents.
In Brussels, robbers dressed as police and armed with machine guns stole 120 parcels of diamonds worth millions of dollars from the runway of Brussels airport.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None