- Title: ITALY: Blugirl reinvents British style in Milan fashion week
- Date: 21st February 2013
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (Italian) DESIGNER ANNA MOLINARI SAYING: "Then there's a mix-match of masculine and feminine, black and white with the shirts pure and very clean, the background colour white. Skinny trousers, quite short, because this is the trend. Then the prints are very interesting because we have only two leopard prints, and that's it. And finally there are the Chinese who bring good luck to the Italians, the dragon is in the evening dresses, it's the year of the dragon." CLOSE UP OF ROSES MOLINARI BEING INTERVIEWED PAN FROM MODEL BOARD TO MOLINARI
- Embargoed: 8th March 2013 12:00
- Location: Italy
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Business,Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVAASFOTO9ATCDWDCO57CPCNN26K
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Italian fashion label Blugirl has put a British twists on its display at Milan Fashion Week.
Italian designer Anna Molinari drew inspiration from an eclectic British style for her Blugirl 2013-14 Autumn/Winter womenswear collection at Milan Fashion Week on Thursday (February 21).
The designer mixed masculine and feminine for her sporty girl, who likes to dress according to her mood.
The classic kilts were coupled with leopard print waistcoats or chiffon shirts in polka dots, adding an unconventional touch to the collection.
Knee-length skirts were worn over English leather ankle boots, coupled with short grey socks.
Coats and jackets came in wool cloth, tartan and mohair-effect fabric.
"Then there's a mix-match of masculine and feminine, black and white with the shirts pure and very clean, the background colour white," said Molinari in an interview with Reuters Television.
She added: "Skinny trousers, quite short, because this is the trend. Then the prints are very interesting because we have only two leopard prints."
For the evening, models wore ultra-thin, straight gowns in lace, chiffon and devore velvet, with golden dragon motifs in a tribute to China.
"Chinese.. bring good luck to the Italians," said Molinari. "The dragon is in the evening dresses, it's the year of the dragon."
Blugirl's romantic attitude was visible in the landmark rose prints as well as in embroidered white swans, the new symbol of the collection.
Molinari worked a palette of green, red, navy blue, black and white, with touches of silver and gold for a glamorous girl.
Accessories included shoulder bags in leopard print and golden dragon necklaces.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None