- Title: USA: Eternal flame at JF Kennedy's grave burns again
- Date: 29th October 2013
- Summary: MILITARY HOLDING FLAGS/ MUSIC PLAYING MEMBER OF MILITARY
- Embargoed: 13th November 2013 12:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Politics
- Reuters ID: LVAB69DEKSG1F7KREA0L3SEVJ5VY
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: The eternal flame at JFK's gravesite at Arlington National Cemetery is re-lit after months of repairs.
The eternal flame at the Arlington National Cemetery grave of former President John F. Kennedy is once again burning at its permanent location.
Just weeks before the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's November 22 death, officials held a ceremony Tuesday (October 29) to transfer the flame from its temporary location.
The flame was moved in April so the system could be upgraded and repaired to make it more efficient and easier to maintain. Workers with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers installed new gas, electric and compressed air lines and put in updated drainage lines below the flame.
The flame was first lit by JFK's wife, Jacqueline, on November 25, 1963 at his interment service, it was transferred the permanent location in 1967.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.