- Title: ITALY: Fashion designer Georgio Armani speaks about his career
- Date: 21st January 2003
- Summary: (U7) MILAN, ITALY (FILE - OCTOBER 3, 2002) (REUTERS ) ARMANI GREETING AUDIENCE AT END OF SHOW
- Embargoed: 5th February 2003 12:00
- Location: MILAN, ITALY
- Country: Italy
- Topics: Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVAB84L19YGZF9Q4Q7J7BK3PB08I
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Internationally renowned fashion designer Georgio
Armani has spoken exclusively to Reuters about his career as a
guru of style and emphatically stated he would continue to
design despite being past normal retirement age.
"I feel exactly as I did when I started. I've something
less now because I have some more years... But my enthusiasm
is the same every time as it was for my first collection" said
Giorgio Armani, the patriarch of Italian fashion, reflecting
on his career during an exclusive interview with Reuters.
Armani, who will turn 69 next July, has made history for
his deconstructed jackets and his elegant, relaxed suits for
women and men, spoke about his view of fashion and of the
The fashion guru said fashion is something one cannot live
without but designers should avoid trends, cultivate their
personal creativity and never take advantage of people's
to wear something beautiful.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.