- Title: BAHRAIN-NATIONAL DAY Bahrain celebrates 43rd National Day
- Date: 17th December 2014
- Summary: VARIOUS OF POLICE GUARDS PLAYING MUSIC SPECTATORS WATCHING VARIOUS OF POLICE GUARDS PLAYING MUSIC PEOPLE WATCHING POLICE GUARDS PLAYING MUSIC/ SPECTATORS WATCHING FLAG READING (English and Arabic): "POLICE BAND- KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN" PEOPLE SEATED AT EVENT TWO YOUNG GIRLS IN TRADITIONAL CLOTHES FAMILIES SEATED AS THEY AWAIT OTHER SHOWS LARGE LCD SCREEN WITH KING HAMAD'S PHOTO (MIDDLE), CROWN PRINCE SALMAN BIN HAMAD AL KHALIFA (RIGHT) AND PRIME MINISTER SHIEKH KHALIFA BIN SALMAN AL KHALIFA (LEFT)
- Embargoed: 1st January 2015 12:00
- Location: Bahrain
- Country: Bahrain
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVABSJC0N6MTYG6NWUNO8UWYGZ8B
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: The streets of Bahraini capital Manama came to life on Tuesday (December 16), in celebration of the kingdom's 43rd National day.
The red and white colours of the Bahraini flag decorated the International Circuit, South of the capital Manama, where various activities were organised.
Hundreds of people watched a lavish fireworks display and visited street markets.
The celebration also marked the 15th anniversary of King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa's accession to the throne.
Children dressed in red and white, representing the colours of the Bahraini National flag, enjoyed the occasion as they watched traditional dance performances and firework shows.
Elsewhere in Adliya, south east of capital Manama, decorative lights gave a festive look to the streets. Various stalls selling food, accessories and handcrafts had been set up.
Celebrations are expected to continue until the weekend.
Bahrain gained independence from Britain in 1971.
Bahrain, where the Sunni Muslim al-Khalifa family rules over a majority Shi'ite Muslim population, has seen tension since the beginning of Arab Spring revolutions in 2011.
The opposition has had various conflicts with the government following the Bahrain uprising in February 2011.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.