- Title: USA: President Barack Obama meets Kazakh leader ahead of nuclear summit
- Date: 13th April 2010
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., USA (APRIL 11, 2010) (AGENCY POOL) **FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY** US PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA AND PRESIDENT NURSULTAN NAZARBAYEV OF KAZAKHSTAN SEATED FOR MEETING MEMBERS OF DIPLOMATIC DELEGATION SEATED US PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA AND PRESIDENT NURSULTAN NAZARBAYEV OF KAZAKHSTAN SEATED FOR MEETING
- Embargoed: 28th April 2010 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Energy
- Reuters ID: LVAC60KL13C0YFHC39TDXGDWAT7E
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: US President Barack Obama met with President Nursultan Nazarbayev of Kazakhstan in Washington, D.C. on Sunday (April 11) ahead of the Nuclear Security Summit scheduled to take place in Washington Monday and Tuesday.
U.S. President Barack Obama will host top officials from 47 nations at the summit aimed at preventing nuclear proliferation.
U.S. officials say the main goal of the summit is to find ways to prevent the spread of nuclear materials and know-how, particularly to non-nation states.
On Washington's agenda are plans to join together a disparate group of countries with nuclear programs with the aim of gathering up dangerous atomic material from vulnerable nuclear, defense and medical sites worldwide.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None