- Title: BRAZIL: SUPERMODEL GISELE BUNDCHEN PARADES NEW FASHIONS IN RIO.
- Date: 14th January 2004
- Summary: (L!3)RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL (JANUARY 14, 2004) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF MODELS PREPARING FOR SHOW BACKSTAGE STYLIST DAYSE WORKING FOR DROSOFILA FASHION HOUSE (SOUNDBITE) (Portuguese) DAYSE SAYING: "For this coming winter we are blending designs from Brazil and Africa."
- Embargoed: 29th January 2004 12:00
- Location: RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL
- Country: Brazil
- Topics: Business,Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVACBP7BZFKHPM75U30N3NEPQE1H
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Rio de Janiero wraps up fashion week with show featuring Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen.
Rio de Janeiro wrapped their fashion week that featured the latest designs for this coming winter on Friday (January 14).
Top Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen took part in Friday's fashion show and then later held a news conference during which she said the she would be helping the Tsumani victims in Asia.
"I believe it is very important to help other people,"
"I am organizing and event in New York for February in order to raise money for the Tsunami victims."
Bundchen also fielded questions regarding her relationship with actor Leonardo Di Caprio and said that she turned down an offer to be the next "Bond girl" in the next 007 film.
Some 100 models, 50 cameras, 350 security guards and 600 journalists and photographers worked during the fashion week, which cost approximately 5 million reales ($1,850,000).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None