- Title: USA: British retailer Topshop/Topman opens in Los Angeles
- Date: 15th February 2013
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FEBRUARY 14, 2013) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF TOPSHOP & TOPMAN STORE AT THE GROVE CROWD WAITING FOR OPENING PAN FROM STORE TO CROWD SINGER DEMI LOVATO PERFORMING BRITISH TAXI CABS ARRIVING IN FRONT OF STORE CROWD RIBBON CUTTING AT STORE WITH ACTRESS KATE BOSWORTH AND SIR PHILIP GREEN PAN FROM STORE SIGN TO KATE BOSWORTH AND DEMI LOVATO POSING KATE BOSWORTH POSING DEMI LOVATO POSING
- Embargoed: 2nd March 2013 12:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Economy
- Reuters ID: LVACGE15EC51QCQMC72I4U6JUJHX
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: UK high street retailer Topshop & Topman open new flagship store at open-air mall in LA.
The British invasion...or at least part of a fashion invasion...took place at The Grove in Los Angeles on Thursday, where a large crowd turned out to celebrate the opening of the ultra-hip, clothing retailer, Topshop & Topman.
Prior to the ribbon cutting ceremony, 20-year-old singer Demi Lovato, entertained the crowd with a rocked out version of of her hit single, "Give your Heart a Break."
The arrival of a line of British cabs flying the Union Jack flag kicked off the grand opening ceremony, that included a ribbon cutting event attended by Hollywood actress Kate Bosworth and Topshop owner Sir Philip Green.
The opening at the Grove will act as the flagship store in Los Angeles. In the U.S., there are flagship stores already in New York, Chicago, and Las Vegas which opened in March 2012 within Fashion Show Mall.
Since it launched in 1964, Topshop has become a major British style authority and one of fashion's biggest success stories.
In 1994, a Topshop flagship store was born, as the brand took over a 90,000 sq ft space at London Oxford Circus in the heart of the West End. It remains there today, and is considered the world's largest fashion store on the high street, attracting over 200,000 shoppers each week.
Topman has earned its sartorial stripes with an unswerving, energetic approach to producing truly exciting high-street men's fashion. Driving trends forward while shifting the way men approach shopping, the brand's attitude to creating brilliant, affordable and authoritative menswear is second to none.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.