- Title: USA: DESIGNERS ALICE ROI AND NICOLE MILLER SHOW THEIR SEXY FLIRTY COLLECTIONS
- Date: 14th September 2003
- Summary: VARIOUS OF MODELS ON THE RUNWAY AT NICOLE MILLER SPRING 2004 SHOW MODELS AT THE END OF THE SHOW DESIGNER NICOLE MILLER TAKING THE RUNWAY AT THE END OF THE SHOW
- Embargoed: 29th September 2003 13:00
- Location: NEW YORK, USA
- Country: USA
- Topics: Business,Entertainment,Light / Amusing / Unusual / Quirky
- Reuters ID: LVACVXAHVG56GBLDCMTFUQIS7UDT
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Designers Alice Roi and Nicole Miller showed their sexy, flirty Spring 2004 collections on Sunday (Sepember 14).
American designer Alice Roi's collection for Spring 2004 focussed on stylish evening wear, with plenty of blacks, whites and blues. The outfits were mostly in jersey, cotton and organza, and flowed elegantly on the models.
Short jackets with self embossed geometric patterns adorned the hemlines of skirts and trousers. Roi indulged in dashes of colour, including adobe orange and blazing yellow.
When asked what her collection for the coming Spring was about, Roi said it was for women who want to look glamorous.
"I think we were thinking of an evening mood and evening is becoming a really important part of clothing. I can't tell you how many weddings and showers I have to go to.
Getting dressed up is in a social atmosphere of what's going on. It is really important to focus on evening and I think the idea of black, navy and white reflects the severity of evening looks."
Linda Defranco, a trends forecaster for Cotton Inc. USA, who has been viewing collections all week, said she sees some interesting patterns emerging on the runway for Spring of 2004.
"I think we are looking at specific things like a lot of preppy going on but mixing that up a bit with a bit of the '80s with belts and blousy silhouettes and bunching that up a bit with short shorts or we are seeing a bit of slacker, like weekend slacker, very preppy. Colour is extremely important for each of the designers although I am seeing a range of colour. Nothing standing out except for blacks and whites."
On the runway at designer Nicole Miller Spring 2004 show, flirty feminine dresses mainly in whites, were the focus of the collection. The girls looked simple and pretty, in silk, charmeuse, tulle and lace.
Natural colours dominate Miller's collection, with silhouettes perfect for a woman with curves.
Both Alice Roi and Nicole Miller are part of the New York Fashion Week for Spring 2004 which runs till September 19th at New York's Bryant Park.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.