- Title: USSR: NATIONAL RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS CHAMPIONSHIPS.
- Date: 24th March 1982
- Summary: TALLINN, USSR GV Galina Beloglazova walking in and performing her routine with a ribbon (2 shots) 1.33 SV Judges 1.35 GV Dalya Kutkayte juggling in front of panel of judges 2.25 SV Audience applauding 2.28
- Embargoed: 8th April 1982 13:00
- Location: Russian Federation
- Country: Russia
- Topics: General,Sports
- Reuters ID: LVACZ8DXUNGZDVWLHCG2WTAGSWXT
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: TALLINN, USSR
In the Soviet Union, seventy young women from 12 teams took part in the National Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships on 19, 20 and 21 March at the Palace of Culture and Sport in Tallinn. On the last day of the event, with their preliminary results being taken into consideration, the 20 strongest competitors competed for the overall title. The winner, Dalya Kutkayte, a 17-year-old schoolgirl from Vilnius, was far ahead of her rivals. She has been a gymnast since 1972. Irina Devina, 22, from the Moscow area, demonstrated her new routine in a ribbon exercise, to win the silver medal. Bronze medallist, Galina Beloglazova, 14, from Astrakhan, was a promising newcomer taking part in her first national competition.
<strong>Source: LEV KOROLYOV</strong>
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Sports restriction: Clip cannot be re-published without additional clearances from the appropriate sport's governing body