- Title: FRANCE: Official preparing Obama's France trip hit by H1N1
- Date: 30th May 2009
- Summary: VARIOUS OF FRANCO-AMERICAN CEREMONY, COMMEMORATING D-DAY LANDING
- Embargoed: 14th June 2009 13:00
- Location: France
- Country: France
- Topics: International Relations,Health
- Reuters ID: LVAD0S0TWB6PVDBXJ9BT5K0XDNVJ
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: A U.S. official who is in France preparing President Barack Obama's visit next week has been admitted to hospital with H1N1 flu in the Normandy city of Caen, French officials said on Friday (May 29).
Obama stops in France next week to commemorate the 1944 D-Day landings on Normandy beaches by Allied forces.
"A U.S. citizen, who is in France as part of an official delegation preparing the D-Day ceremonies, has tested positive for H1N1 flu and has been hospitalised in Caen," said a spokeswoman for France's health authority.
No further details were immediately available.
The last data on H1N1 flu in France, released on Wednesday (May 27), showed there were 20 confirmed cases of the flu in the country and no deaths. A further 10 suspected cases were under investigation.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2011. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.