- Title: JERUSALEM: Rocket fired towards triggers sirens in city
- Date: 20th November 2012
- Summary: JERUSALEM (NOVEMBER 20, 2012) (REUTERS) RESIDENTS TAKING COVER NEXT TO CAR (AUDIO OF SIREN) RESIDENTS TAKING COVER NEAR BUILDING (AUDIO OF SIREN) CAR IN STREET PEOPLE IN STREET CARS IN STREET
- Embargoed: 5th December 2012 12:00
- Location: Jerusalem
- Country: Israel
- Reuters ID: LVAD2KMTULDVD24HMWZAJMVM0HKE
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: A rocket was fired at Jerusalem on Tuesday (November 20) but did not hit the city or cause any casualties, police said.
"There are no indications of a rocket falling within the city," a police spokesman said on Israel's Channel 2 television.
It was the second time a rocket has been launched toward Jerusalem since Israel's Gaza offensive began last Wednesday (November 14). Air raid sirens had not been heard in the city for decades.
Since the start of the conflagration, hundreds of missiles have been launched deep into Israeli territory.
Israel has warned it will broaden its offensive in the Gaza Strip if Palestinian militants do not stop their rocket fire.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None