- Title: MONACO: FOOTBALL / SOCCER - Monaco prepares to host Champions League draw
- Date: 28th August 2013
- Summary: MONTE CARLO, MONACO (AUGUST 28, 2013) (REUTERS) GRIMALDI FORUM ON MONACO BAY, WHERE THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW WILL TAKE PLACE VARIOUS OF GRIMALDI FORUM WITH UEFA LOGOS WELCOME SIGN WITH UEFA LOGOS GRIMALDI FORUM UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LOGO UEFA FLAGS MONACO CITYSCAPE SUPERYACHTS ANCHORED IN THE BAY CHELSEA OWNER ROMAN ABRAMOVICH'S BOAT MONACO CASTLE ON THE CITY SKYLINE MONACO CITY WITH SUPERYACHTS IN THE HARBOUR
- Embargoed: 12th September 2013 13:00
- Location: Monaco
- Country: Monaco
- Topics: General
- Reuters ID: LVADAHWHZ7R3ZPSB3VC0I4UYZGZJ
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: The mediterranean principality of Monaco was picture perfect as the sun set on Wednesday (August 28) , the day before the who's who of world football descended for the group stage draw for this season's European Champions League.
The Grimaldi Forum in Monaco Bay will host Thursday's (August 29) draw where the 32 qualified teams will discover who they will face when the group stage begins in the middle of next month.
The draw for the second tier Europa League will also be held in Monaco.
As to be expected, luxury yachts could be seen parked out in Monaco Bay, including one belonging to Chelsea's billionaire Russian owner, Roman Abramovich.
Chelsea won the Champions League in 2012 and the Europa League in 2013 so will again be hoping to be a threat in Europe's elite competitions this season.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None