- Title: FILE: Former teen star Amanda Bynes remains under psychiatric care
- Date: 24th July 2013
- Summary: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (JULY 9, 2013) (REUTERS) AMANDA BYNES WALKING TO COURT
- Embargoed: 8th August 2013 13:00
- Location: Usa
- Country: USA
- Topics: Crime,Entertainment,General,Health
- Reuters ID: LVADE2ZF1Z9XREQVYQ5R2SNDUMWC
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Amanda Bynes may be spending more time under psychiatric hold so doctors can properly diagnose her - this according to online tabloid TMZ, who is reporting that the actress' parents are also considering getting a judge to impose a conservatorship over the troubled star.
Bynes was taken to a hospital for involuntary psychiatric care on Monday (July 22) after the former teen star was involved in a disturbance in Southern California. A police spokesman declined to describe the incident that prompted deputies to take her into custody, but local media reported that the actress had started a fire in the driveway of a Los Angeles-area home.
Bynes, who is on probation in California for driving on a suspended license, is on trial in the state on a charge of driving under the influence and in New York on charges of marijuana possession and throwing a bong out of a window.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None