- Title: GERMANY: Passenger plane evacuated due to smoke in cabin
- Date: 3rd September 2012
- Summary: COLOGNE, GERMANY (SEPTEMBER 3, 2012) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR COLOGNE AIRPORT EVACUATED PLANE AT TERMINAL PLANE WITH LETTERING 'OGER TURK TUR' PLANE TAIL OPEN PLANE DOOR GANGWAY AIRPORT EMPLOYEE TALKING ON MOBILE PHONE PLANE AT TERMINAL VARIOUS OF COLOGNE AIRPORT MOERFELDEN-WALLDORF, GERMANY (SEPTEMBER 3, 2012) (REUTERS) VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF XL AIRWAYS, OWNER OF THE EVACUATED PLANE
- Embargoed: 18th September 2012 13:00
- Location: Germany
- Country: Germany
- Topics: Disasters
- Reuters ID: LVADFQU58EG86L4ZQJUHIRB62CRU
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: A plane carrying 193 passengers was evacuated at Cologne airport on Monday (September 3). According to the airport's authorities passengers had complained of a smell of smoke and kerosene. According to the fire brigade eleven people were injured and treated for light to heavy smoke inhalation. They were taken to hospitals.
The plane arrived from Hanover and was scheduled to land at Cologne airport. After the landing, the smoke emission occurred inside the passenger cabin.
The reason for the smoke inside the plane has yet to be determined.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2012. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None