- Title: UNITED KINGDOM: Liverpool's Rodgers aiming at Champions League
- Date: 7th November 2013
- Summary: FILE (REUTERS) LIVERPOOL TRAINING
- Embargoed: 22nd November 2013 12:00
- Location: United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Sports
- Reuters ID: LVAEGOONFBMG5WIAMNYNTOYBMEUF
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Liverpool are aiming for the Champions League and are already on target, manager Brendan Rodgers said on Thursday (November 7).
He also had praise for Martin Jol, manager of the Reds' next opponents, Fulham.
Liverpool are joint second in the Premier League with Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur on 20 points after 10 matches five behind leaders Arsenal.
Rodgers told a news conference in Liveprool on Thursday: "Yeah, I think that if you look at where, where we're at, you know, if you're averaging two points, you know, in your games, you would like to think that you would get into the Champions League and that's certainly something come Saturday, if we can do that, get another three points, which we'll be fighting hard for, then that would take us above that. So, as I've said, we've, you know, we're just treating every game as a really, really important game for us in our quest this year."
Fulham play to Liverpool on Saturday as 16th in the league with 10 points, but Rodgers expected a strong performance from the London side and their manager.
"I think he's done an excellent job. He's obviously, he'll be limited in terms of his budget, what he has, but he's brought in some very, very good players and he's had a great win the other week at Crsytal Palace and as I said, they'll be looking to come to us and put on a strong performance away from home, which there have been at times," said Rodgers.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2013. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None