- Title: CHINA: Hanukka cadelarbrum, at the Great Wall of China.
- Date: 27th December 2005
- Summary: PAN PEOPLE STANDING TO YEHOYADA HAIM TALKING
- Embargoed: 11th January 2006 12:00
- Location: China
- Country: China
- Topics: Religion
- Reuters ID: LVA9JYO3L16GQF8H9FEJ2P0GKI2V
- Aspect Ratio:
- Story Text: Hanukka in China was celebrated with a special celebration at the Great Wall this year.
The embassy staff for the Israeli embassy, together with the small Israeli community in Beijing, lit the first candle of the hannukia, the six-branched candelabrum on top of the Great Wall of China of Sunday (December 25).
This is the first time that such a ceremony was held at the Great Wall.
The purpose was to mark the friendship between the Jewish and Chinese people in a unique way.
Israeli Ambassador Yehoyada Haim described the moment as "historic" as the two symbols of Judaism and Chinese civilisations, the hannukia and the Great Wall came together.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2014. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None