- Title: Hayden dies after cycling accident - Italian media
- Date: 22nd May 2017
- Summary: CESENA, ITALY (RECENT - MAY 18, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF HOSPITAL 'BUFALINI' WHERE NICKY HAYDEN IS BEING TREATED HOSPITAL ENTRANCE VARIOUS OF HOSPITAL BALLOONS SHAPED LIKE NICKY HAYDEN'S RACING NUMBER '69' HANGING FROM POLE IN FRONT OF HOSPITAL BANNER READING (English): '69 - PRAYERS FOR YOU' PLACED BY HAYDEN'S FANS IN FRONT OF HOSPITAL VARIOUS OF NEWSPAPER HEADLINES WITH REFERENCE TO NICKY HAYDEN'S ACCIDENT ITALIAN SPORT DAILY 'LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT' WITH HEADLINE READING (Italian): ''HAYDEN'S TRAGEDY' NEAR MISANO ADRIATICO, ITALY (RECENT - MAY 18, 2017) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF CARS AND CYCLISTS PASSING BY ROAD WHERE THE ACCIDENT TOOK PLACE
- Embargoed: 5th June 2017 17:15
- Keywords: crash Italy motorcycling MotoGP Nicky Hayden
- Location: VARIOUS
- City: VARIOUS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Motorcycle Racing,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0076HX9ETJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: American former MotoGP champion Nicky Hayden has died of severe brain damage five days after he was hit by a car while cycling in eastern Italy, Italian media reported on Monday (May 22).
The 35 year-old, who rode for the Red Bull Honda team, was taken to Cesena's Maurizio Bufalini hospital last Wednesday (May 17) after being struck by a car while training on his bicycle along Italy's Adriatic Coast.
A spokeswoman for the hospital could not immediately confirm the reports, which were carried by La Repubblica, Il Mattino and Fatto Quotidiano newspaper websites, among others. She said a statement was expected later in the evening.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2017. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None